2011年10月8日土曜日

Japanese

There are about 10 Japanese living in my dormitory. Life in the dormitory helps me get closer to their culture and daily life. Luckily, I have a Japanese roommate. We are always said to be twins because we wear similar glasses, we always stick together and we think in the same way.

 
(We accidently bought the same drinks and wear the same pattern of clothes!)

She is my best friend in Japan. We go to school together, cook together, eat together, shower together and study together. She fills up my life in Japan and I really cannot imagine life without her. These are the reasons why I would like to introduce her to everyone.


  She is a traditional Japanese girl. She is shy and she is somehow afraid of cameras. Thank you for letting me posts her photos on my blog. It is very funny when we met in the first day in the dormitory. Speaking English is somehow difficult to Japanese and they are shy with strangers. I remember when we first met, she just said “Hello, nice to meet you.” And then she left, leaving me alone in the room. But when I try asking her questions, she is very helpful. I think it is kind of Japanese culture. They are friendly to others and willing to help foreigners. She doesn’t talk much about herself, but she used to listen to me and give me useful response. Not so enthusiastic and a bit bashful. It is the early impression of Japanese for me.

She knows the manner and food in Japan. She likes cooking. There is one thing I know from her. Doing everything seriously is the characteristic of Japanese. She will follow all the instruction from the recipe, she cannot endure putting 1ml more water, 1g of sugar. She will measure all the ingredients before. Japanese are serious.

I look forward to finding out more about Japanese culture from Mai.

1 件のコメント:

  1. I like the second picture of Mai - very nice. What did she cook in the last photo?

    返信削除