2011年10月22日土曜日

Kyobashi eki

The topic this time is research about a station. I chose the station which I go often other than the Hirakatashi station. Kyobashi is well known by people live in Osaka, because there are keihan line, JR and subway there. People can go to the Kyoto said, the Osaka side from there.

(subway)
(JR)
(keihan)
Kyobashi, I believe it is one of the busiest station in kansai because there are everything. The first time I go at about 11am on Saturday and I though there should not be so many people because it is still early. But surprisingly, there are so many people and just like the rush hour.


 When I try talking with people standing outside the keihai line kyobashi station, all of them said they are waiting for someone. Kyobashi is probably becoming a place for meeting and gathering.
In order to attract people, there is a shopping mall called keihan mall there. There are shops for cloth and also restaurant. Some people will look around there when they are waiting for someone.




And the second times I go at night kyobashi become a totally different world. There is some people look likeホスト to ask you for dinner. It is a bit scary when you are chasing by them and showing you the menu of their bar. I am so scare and I didn’t able to take pictures at that time.
There is hotel there, and even the procedures of using the machinery to buy ticket have a English version. As a foreigner, I really feel like kyobashi is really ready for being a tourist spot.





1 件のコメント:

  1. The challenge of choosing Kyobashi for this assignment is that there is so much going on at this large station. You provide a brief summary, but I would have liked to see more specific ethnographic details of the station. Between the Keihan and JR stations is a great spot for people watching.

    返信削除