2011年10月1日土曜日

Neighborhood

According to the lecture, neighborhood means the social community of a specific place. And the definition of that specific place can be designed by yourself. For me, I am now living in the Seminar House 2. This place, is a small and warm sweet home for me. My definition of neighborhood is not such big, but the people I met in the seminar house. In this blog, I would like to focus on the daily life of my neighborhood and our daily interaction inside the seminar house.
(our seminar house)


(お父さんin the seminar house)
  
(my neighbor)
 (あいさつis needed in this community)

Room 2041 is my room. And these photos are the people live next to my room. We meet every day. おはよう!元気?is the most common conversation between us. あいさつ(greeting) is needed in living in this dormitory community. But we don’t have much serious conversation in this corridor, we just passed by and smile. The relationship of my neighborhood is not build in the corridor.

 
(the right one is my room)



Here is the dining room, people usually gather here and dining together. We cook, share food and chatting. This is the place I build up relationship with my neighborhood. Because there are many people from different countries in this community, we usually need to switch channel from Japanese, English and Chinese. These are the most common language I use when talking with my neighbor.

 


(あいさつagain)



Other than the dining room, lounge on the ground floor is also a venue where we spends most of the time there. We do homework to together. We can share knowledge and exchange opinions there. It is the place I like most in this community. We play, having fun and laughing with my neighbor.



  


The relationship here in this community is very close. Rather than neighbor, people here is more like a family. They are so friendly and helpful for letting me taking this photos. Compare to the neighborhood outside the seminar house. I think the relationship of the small-scale neighborhood inside the seminar house become very strong. Maybe it is because we like hanging out. We don’t like keep staying at room. Or maybe it is because in this community, all of us are similar age. So although we have different cultural background, we can enjoy the time with our neighbor in seminar house.

1 件のコメント:

  1. This is a very nice description of life in the dormitory. But I do hope you get out and discover the real Japan.

    返信削除